You may have heard about the Cache! which is an online game for your classroom. It’s from the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, it’s for Money Smart Week, it’s free to you – and there are prizes. Iowa teachers and students are eligible for the national prize as well as the Iowa JumpStart prize. It’s easy for your students to play, but you need to sign up by March 13 so they can access the site.
- Teachers register and get details at this Money Smart link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Cache2020
- Teachers get a code for their students to use – I will send an email to you.
- Students use any mobile device or computer to maneuver Ben Franklin through some 21st century financial hurdles and get him to the “portal” to answer the personal finance questions.
- Teachers can use Cache! as a fun activity or in conjunction with teaching a personal finance lesson.
- Students can play as many times as they wish from March 30 to May 5, 2020.
- Cache covers seven topics students should understand – credit scores, identity theft, car loans, student loans, debit vs. credit, paychecks and budgeting.
If you have questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for teaching financial education in your classroom!