The 11th Annual JumpStart Financial Literacy Conference
Date: July 21, 2011
Time: 9:00am – 4:30pm (Check-in starts at 8:30am)
Location: DMACC campus, Bldg. 7, Ankeny
Cost: Free due to the generous donations from Consumer Credit of Des Moines, the Iowa Credit Union Foundation, and the Iowa Insurance Division Investor Education Fund.
The conference will be for one day only this year. The morning session is for educators and professionals – concentrating on how to teach others about money. In the afternoon, students and others will join the group with the presentations geared to educators, students, and others.
- Governor Branstad and Lt. Governor Reynolds will speak on the importance of financial literacy.
- Keynote speaker Syble Solomon, creator of Money Habitudes™, will help participants discover why they do what they do and how they can get to where they want to go.
- Teacher Samy El-Baroudi (last year’s Iowa Jump$tart Financial Educator of Year)
- Teachers Teresa Nennig and Rhonda Schmaltz will speak about what they learned at the National Jump$tart Educators’ Conference in Washington D.C.
- Mary Beth Kaufman from ISU Extension will present a teacher training workshop(s) utilizing NEFE materials.
- Susie Irvine will present a teacher training workshop(s) on MoneySKILL®, a free online course provided by the AFSA Education Foundation that teaches personal finance concepts on income, expenses, saving and investing, credit and insurance.
- Bob Mantell, Director, TS Bank Institute, presents the “TS Bank Institute Financial Literacy Program”. This program has been created to meet and exceed Iowa’s 21st Century Core Curriculum financial literacy requirements for all students K-12.
- Adam Carroll of National Financial Educators on Planning Your Financial Life.
- Brian Zitlow of TransUnion Corporation
- Cody Lycke with EverFi, Inc. will make a presentation on the Iowa Financial Literacy Program.
- Jim Garnett (Ask Mr. G) with Consumer Credit of Des Moines
- Sean Brown from Bank of America on Ultimate Money Skills.